Seattle, WA–Expedia announced in a press release “Travel like Memo,” a partnership with Mexican professional soccer goalie Guillermo “Memo” Ochoa to celebrate his hometown of Mexico City.
Through a curated itinerary, Ochoa and Expedia highlight the goalie’s favorite spots, from where to eat stuffed churros in Coyoacán to finding the best city views at the St. Regis Hotel. Two lucky fans will have the opportunity to win a travel experience from Expedia to Mexico City and a meet-and-greet with the soccer star.
“I started playing soccer when I was ten years old, and since then I’ve been traveling the world. Traveling is part of my profession,” said Ochoa in the news release.
“I am proud to help Expedia introduce Mexico City to more people, to let travelers in on the secrets of the city that make it special and make it my home,” Ochoa added.
The memo includes:
- Favorite restaurant in Mexico City: San – Tō
- Favorite spot in Mexico City that no one knows about: Mizrahi Asador SAMARA
- A restaurant or a place that has a special place in his heart: Tortas Don Polo
- The best tacos in Mexico City: Remolkito
- The place with the best view of Mexico City: St. Regis Hotel Mexico City
- Favorite place to go with his family: Churros Rellenos in Coyoacán
- The one place he’d take someone who’s never been to Mexico City: Coyoacán
- Best spot to watch a match when he’s not playing: Estadio Azteca
“We are always looking for ways to authentically engage with travelers and create memorable, exclusive travel experiences, and working with Memo to highlight his favorite spots brings that extra magic and inspiration when planning a trip to Mexico City,” said Lauri Metrose, senior vice president of global PR and social media, Expedia Brands, in the press release.
As part of the campaign, Expedia will take two winners to Mexico City so they can “Travel like Memo” and meet their idol in person. The giveaway will kick off on Sept. 20. Fans can enter to win by engaging with the contest post on Expedia’s Instagram.
To view the full “Travel like Memo” itinerary and an interview with Memo outlining his favorite locations in Mexico City, visit the Expedia Blog.
Read the entire press release.